Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthday fun

Sooo...my birthday has been and gone.
Did I have lunch with the girls? Did I have a romantic dinner with hubby?
No. I tried paintball. I had to. It was on my list!

15 gorgeous girlfriends and I donned what looked like hockey jerseys and helmets, was handed paintball rifles and shot each other!!

Many of my girls were scared, some even thought about chucking a sicky on me on the day, but they all showed up excited and ready for some fun. After all, I was the birthday girl!!

Many of our husbands share in the paintball experience once or twice a year and I always thought it would be fun to try it.....just once.
The place that we went was indoors and therefore the guns were set at a lower pressure so thankfully if we were hit it wouldn't hurt as much. It was an amazing experience watching my friends...some squealing in girlie fear running from one shelter to another and apologising with each shot they fired, some yelling like army brats on a killing spree. I thought I knew my friends so well and yet some still surprised me. Many of them texted me later that night to say how much they enjoyed it and how it was much more fun than what they thought it would be.

C'mon girls, don't let the boys have all the fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment