Thursday, April 1, 2010

Girlie fun on a budget

Can you believe that we are a quarter of the way into the year? Crazy.
So far this year I have taught my son how to blow bubbles with bubble gum, watched the movie "To Kill a Mockingbird" which is my favourite book and taken a ride in a helicopter, which was really enjoyable and I would recommend it to anyone.

Quite often we think that having fun cost heaps of money. Yes I have bought my Harbour Bridge Climb ticket and yes it wasn't cheap. But you know, I have also spent a whole day laying on my lounge, working my way through an entire series of a sitcom on DVD, eating cheese balls and drinking coke zero (which can be a good day every now and then.)

Last week I spent an amazing day with my best friend and we had an incredible day that cost almost nothing.

We went to one of the best beaches in Coffs Harbour that really only the locals know about (so I can't tell you the location....lol) and took almost 100 photos; artistic ones that could go in a magazine, creative ones like writing in the sand and decorating it with shells, fun ones playing in the surf and random ones that show how silly friends can be (ready for scrapbooking!)
We then went to the shops and grabbed some takeaway.

We ate lunch while watching the musical "Annie" and had the best sing-a-long together. We both do an exceptional "Miss Hannigan" impersonation and killed ourselves laughing.

But the best was yet to come! My friend has her own bucket list and mentioned in casual conversation something she had always wanted to do. So I organised it without her knowledge and surprised her. I bought 5kgs of red grapes and a plastic tub that I usually use for "at home" foot spas. Together we picked all the grapes off the stems and put them into the tub. She then got to stomp on them, barefoot for about 10 minutes. Of course I took a stack of photos and video footage. The squishing sound was so loud and she couldn't stop laughing. To share the experience I jumped in the tub too and we had to hold each other so we wouldn't fall out. It was so funny; we laughed and laughed. And if you're wondering, it did NOT look like red wine, the liquid was quite clear. (and we never considered what we were going to do with the slush when we were finished - I won't tell you what we did with it!)

We then finished off the day colouring each others hair; the cheap way with supermarket kits. She is single and I live in a house of males so we both really appreciated being girlie girls together. We laughed and laughed and really didn't spend hardly any money at all.

It is amazing how much fun you can have when you get creative.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment